Shirley Bovshow shares tips on how to pack and transport flowers.
Stuffed Vase Technique
- Evenly space the arrangements in a box and sperate them with stuffing material.
- Use earthquake glue in the bottom of the box for extra support.
- When you are done packing the vases, shake the box and if the arrangements wiggle like jello, add some more stuffing material.
Cut Out Technique
- Place vases on top of a sealed box to check spacing.
- Trace bottom of vase on the box top and cut an “x” where each vase will be inserted.
- Insert flower arrangements.
Eco Wrap Technique
- Get eco wrap wet and squeeze out excess water.
- Give flowers fresh cut.
- Swaddle the bottom of the arrangements, wrap around the stems and add a rubber band.
- Take a plastic bag and wrap it around the secured eco wrap and rubber band again.
- Flowers will stay hydrated for three days.
- When packing up arrangements into the car, load boxes tightly together and use stuffing between boxes so flowers don’t smash against each other.
- Never put flowers in the trunk. They need air flow, so make sure to turn on ac full blast.
- Never have fruit in your car with flowers. Ethylene will turn the flowers brown.