Add serious style to safety gear with customized bike helmets.
- Bike helmet in desired color with smooth surface
- Adhesive vinyl
- Cricut or marker and X-Acto knife or scissors
- Foam sheets
- Acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Glow in the dark puff paint
- Paint any large parts of the design on first like the mouth of the dinosaur or the head of the ladybug with acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
- Add smaller design details in adhesive vinyl. Cut them out using a Cricut if you have one, if not just draw onto vinyl adhesive sheets with a marker and cut out using scissors or an X-Acto knife. PRO TIP: you can also use vinyl stickers for things like the ladybug spots if desired.
- Draw out 3d elements onto the foam sheets.
- For the dino spikes cut curved triangles, two per spike
- For the pig nose, cut out an oval then a rectangle 2” wide and the length of the circumference of the oval.
- Cut the 3d pieces out of the foam core.
- Use hot glue to attach the 3d elements together.
- Adhere the smaller vinyl design details in place.
- Hot glue the 3d elements onto the helmet in place.
- Add glow in the dark puff paint if desired. Allow to dry for 24 hours.