Ken Wingard’s fire pit hack can be placed on the ground or tabletops.
- Ceramic or concrete planter
- Gel fuel fireplace fuel in can
- Grill grate slightly smaller than inner edge of planter
- Tumbled lava rocks
- Paint key or flathead screwdriver
- Long reach lighter
- Place the bricks into the bottom of the planter to create a sturdy raised platform for the fuel cans.
- Place 4 gel fuel cans on top of the bricks. Spread them out slightly to create an even support for the grill grate.
- Open the cans of fuel with a paint key or flathead screwdriver.
- Place the grill grate on top.
- Arrange the lava rocks on top of the grill grate. Make sure to leave some space open above each can so they can be lit.
- Light and extinguish according to the gel fuel brand’s instructions.
- Replace the cans before each use, enjoy!