Shirley Bovshow's tips for how to grow your own super bloom at home.
How to Grow Wildflowers
- Purchase wildflower seed mixes that are created for your region.
- Find soil that is in a well-lit area.
- Get rid of all weeds.
- Gently rake the soil.
- Mix seeds with play sand. The contract of the sand against the soil will help ensure the seeds are evenly distributed on patch of soil.
- Toss seeds onto soil.
- Tap down seeds with a tamper. Can also use garden roller or use a piece of plywood and gently walk over it.
- Water daily until they begin to grow.