TIPS ON DWARF PEACH TREE:
· Dwarf peach trees produce full size fruit and there are several varieties of peaches available!
· Can be grown in large containers, ideally between 10 to 15 - gallon size, but you can keep it in original container for first year.
· Potted peach trees can be moved to garage, (if you use tree dolly) during extreme winter temperatures for protection (under -20 degrees)
TIPS ON PLANTING YOUR DWARF PEACH TREE:
Peach trees need well-draining soil and should be on the acidic side with ph between 6 to 7. I’m using a potting mix made for camellias and azaleas and mixed in some compost.
· Lower the tree into the pot, making sure to set the graft union 2-3 inches above the top of the soil
· Add a 2”-inch layer of mulch to insulate the soil from both heat and cold temperatures
· All soil in containers will be at least 10 degrees warmer and cooler than the soil in the ground!
· Water your tree after planting