Ken and Maria show how to create beautiful tablescapes inspired by their favorite Christmas songs currently playing on Hallmark Radio.
DIY Holiday Tablescapes
TO CREATE KEN’S HOLIDAY COCKTAIL BAR MATERIALS:
- Bar cart
- Framed mirror
- White spray paint
- White glitter
- Hurricane vases
- Faux snow
- Gold bottle brush trees
- White canvas
- Mod podge
- Gold paint pen
- Fabric scissors
- Faux greenery sprigs
- Plates in consecutive sizes
- Wooden candle sticks
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Gold spray paint
- Wooden round
TO CREATE MARIA’S HOLIDAY DINNER TABLE MATERIALS:
- Gold tulle
- White faux fur runner
- Wooden houses
- Gold and white bottle brush trees in various sizes
- White tablecloth
- White pom-pom garland
- Paper Mache cones
- White spray paint
- White feather boas
- Magnolia wreaths
- Butcher or craft paper
- Black paint pen
TO CREATE KEN’S COCKTAIL CHRISTMAS BAR:
- Gather some branches from outside, spray paint them white and sprinkle some glitter on while the paint is still wet. Set aside to dry.
- Spray paint all the wooden candlesticks gold as well as the greenery. Set aside to dry.
- Create the banner for the food table. Cut a piece of white canvas to size with mermaid tails on each end. Paint with mod podge to stiffen and allow to dry. Write desired holiday phrase with gold paint pen and attach to table.
- Fill the hurricane vases with a little faux snow and place a gold bottle brush tree in each. Add something like a block or some foam in the bottom to give the tree height if desired.
- Create the dessert stands by hot gluing the plates to the candlesticks from larger to smaller. Make them no more than three tiers high for safety.
- If you want to create the standing branches, secure them to a wooden round with screws using a drill.
- Place a framed mirror on your bar cart as a tray, dress with your bar tools and drinkware.
- Dress the food table with the golden faux greenery, branches, hurricane vases with trees and canvas sign.
- Add the food and enjoy!
TO CREATE MARIA’S HOLIDAY DINNER TABLE:
- Create the feathered trees. Spray paint the paper mache cones white, allow them to dry. Wrap the cone in the feather boa, securing with hot glue as you go. Repeat to create as many cones as desired.
- Create the wreath placeholder. Mist the leaves with a bit of white spray paint. Set aside to dry. Cut the craft paper to size with mermaid tails on each end. Write the name of the guest in black paint pen and add any decorative elements like a border you’d like. Use tape or glue to attach the name banner to the wreath. Repeat for as many guests as you have.
- Dress the table, lay the tablecloth then the gold tulle, and then the faux fur runner.
- Hang the pom-pom garland off the edge of the table.
- Place all your décor the feather trees, wooden houses, bottle brush trees, and whatever other decorative elements you’d like and enjoy!