Orly is sharing easy no-sew fashion hacks to keep us looking our best during the holiday season and all year round.
Holiday Fashion Hacks
- Safety pins
THE SLEEVE SHORTENING HACK:
- Fold your sleeves up however short you’d like to make them. Tack in place with a safety pin or two.
- Flip the cuff down, try it on and make sure the length is right.
- Safety pin horizontally directly under the cuff seam with pins all the way around. When you wear the jacket flip the excess fabric up so that you don’t feel the pins!
THE WAIST-CINCH DRESS HACK:
- Gather the excess material of the dress in the back until you like the fit.
- If the dress has ties you can use those to knot and secure the cinch in the back, if not use a brooch to pin the excess together.
THE SHOULDER PLEAT HACK:
- Grab the shoulder seam and pull it up closer toward the collar of the shirt until you reach the desired fit.
- Safety pin through the pinched portion into the shirt to hold it in place. Flip down the shirt’s collar if possible, to hide the pin. Repeat on the other shoulder.