- Helium-filled Balloon
- Yarn (lightweight)
- Decorative netting (the lighter the better)
- Paper Dixie or paper coffee cup (lightweight)
- Glue gun & hot glue
1) Lay out netting on table or carpet
2) Place plate on top
3) Cut netting 2 inches around plate, and set aside
4) Fill balloon with helium
5) Tie a piece of yarn to your balloon to secure it on a chair or table (so balloon won’t fly away)
6) Attach 8 pieces of yarn around netting – equally distributed. Trim little pieces of netting and yarn that stick out.
7) Place netting (with 8 pieces of yarn attached) over top of balloon. Center this netting around the top of the balloon.
For the Basket:
Take a paper Dixie or coffee cup, and poke 4 equal holes around ½ inch from top of cup (be sure the helium-filled balloon can support the weight first). Gather 2 strings into each hole – working from the inside out. Trim once the balloon sits even. Once all strings are in place and through the holes in cup, put a dab of hot glue where strings meet the hole (to secure them).
Decorative Options: If balloon can withstand more weight, add a few decorative elements (such as mini flags) to the yarn strings with a little hot glue. Can also add a thicker kind of yarn to create a mini border to top and bottom of basket
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page