- Gather the items you plan to include in your arrangement.
- Using a large sheet of kraft paper (or grocery bags), place each item on the paper, then trace around the items individually.
- Remove the objects and cut out the tracings.
- Mark where the hook on the frame is with a pencil on the kraft paper.
- Tape the paper cutouts to the wall with painter's tape in an arrangement to your liking. Rearrange the shapes until a final layout is reached.
- Hammer the nails into the marked paper, then remove the paper cutouts.
- Hang the art or photos on the nails.
For more, visit Ken Wingard at KennethWingard.com and follow him on Twitter @KennethWingard.