Materials for Grapefruit Face Scrub
- 1 pink grapefruits
- 1 cup Sugar or Salt
- Basil Essential Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
Materials for Grapefruit Hair Tonic
- Distilled Water
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Grapefruit Essential Oil
*Glamorous Grapefruit Body Wash available on kymdouglas.com or truselforganics.com
Directions for Grapefruit Face Scrub
1. Squeeze the juice of about one lemon or so into a cup of salt or sugar. Make sure there is no dry salt or sugar. It’s okay to get some pulp in there too!
2. Add one or two drops basil essential oil. Be sure to dilute the basil oil in a carrier oil, like sweet almond oil, because it is extremely potent.
Tip: Use sugar if you want a gentle scrub or salt for a deeper exfoliation.
Directions for Grapefruit Hair Tonic
1. Combine equal parts aloe vera juice and distilled water to a spray bottle
2. Add 5 -6 drops of grapefruit essential oil to spray bottle
3. Spray all over hair and scalp, massaging it into scalp
Tip: You can add grapefruit essential oil to aloe vera gel for a leave in conditioner or add to shampoo and conditioner bottles.