- Geode slices (as many as you would like to display)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Light-colored fabric (I am using a cream-colored cotton/linen blend)
- Shadow box
- Lint roller (optional)
1. Take the back out of the shadow box. This will be your canvas surface for your artwork. Make sure that it is clean and dry. You can use a lint roller to remove any dust or debris.
2. Take your geodes and make sure they are clean and dry. It is best to use a damp paper towel to remove any smudges. Do not use any cleaning product.
3. If you would like to use a different color background than your shadow box, add your fabric now. Use hot glue to secure the fabric in place. Cut off any access fabric.
4. Arrange your geode(s) with your matting (if you have matting), and set the geodes in place of where you would like to attach them.
5. Take your glue gun and place a large bead of glue on the backside of your geode. Immediately place geode in place on your fabric. Hold it to secure it in place and let the glue dry.
6. Continue this process until all your geodes are set in place.
7. Add the matting to the glass side of the shadow box. Trim matting if necessary with scissors or a paper cutter.
8. Add the backside onto the shadow box base and secure into place.
9. Sit back, relax and enjoy your new geode artwork!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page