- Birch twigs
- Faux birch branches 11 ¾” length
- Brown floral wire
- Wire cutter or heavy-duty scissors
- Red berries
- Small white flowers
- Artificial bird
- Additional winter décor sprigs
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. First you need to create the four squares that make up your windowpane. Lay two branches down parallel to each other, separated about 1” less than the width of the branches then set another then a branch on each end and secure with hot glue and wire.
2. Repeat this step 3 more times until you have four “windowpanes”.
3. Lay all four squares out on a flat surface and assemble them all together using hot glue and wire.
4. Next take the birch sprigs and line the windowpane by attaching with hot glue and wire. This part should look natural so don’t worry about it getting messy!
5. Continue to do this all around the window frame until you cover most of the birch branch.
6. Again, using hot glue and wire, start adding pinecones, berries, flowers and your bird. Continue this process until you are happy with the look. The great part about this project is that it is completely up to you to make it as full or as sparse as you would like!
7. You can hang the windowpane or lean it up against the wall. If you are planning on hanging it, use that same floral wire at the top to create a little hook.
8. Hang as desired and enjoy!