Maria Provenzano shows how to save outdated vases by adding a faux matte texture to them.
How to Make Faux Matte Ceramic Vases - Home & Family
- Baking powder
- Acrylic water-based paint
- Cup or bowl to mix paint in
- Stir stick or popsicle stick
- Liquid gold leaf
- Flat artist paintbrush no wider than 1”
- Mix a 1:1 ratio of paint to baking powder together until all the lumps are gone. The mix should be grainy to create texture though, just no large lumps.
- Paint the vase.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
- If desired, add gold details with the liquid leaf and artist brush. Lightly brush it on along grooves or edges of the vase to define or create your own pattern.
- Allow the liquid leaf to dry.
- Arrange into your décor and enjoy!