Ken Wingard is turning a normal stand into a fun and frightful DIY just in time for Halloween.
Farmer Frightful's Tricks or Treats Market Stand
Main Farm stand Steps:
- Start by cutting all your fence panels to the dementions of the included build plan.
- Lay the larger back wall flat and attach the two sides walls using shelf brackets at both the top and bottom using screws.
- On the front facing inside edges of the bottom of the side panels, screw in two 12" long 2" x 4" boards. Flush with front edge.
- Attach the main front board, screwing into the 2"x4" boards. Your stand can now be placed upright
- Once upright, place the roof on top (be safe get extra hands if needed). Attach the roof with shelf brackets from underneath to sides and back.
Large sign making steps:
- Use a piece of wood, or section of fence panels the size you want for your sign. Ours was 14" x 40"..
- Print out our sign image included, or your make your own.
- Cut out and glue on with mod podge. For aging effect, mix the mod podge with a bit of brown paint.
Spooky and Fun items for sale:
- Create the illusion of "full to the brim" baskets and bins for sale with false bottoms. Cut a piece of foamcore to fit inside and attach 3 to 4 inches lower than the lip of the basket or bin, now add material like leaves or hay so looks full.
- Top off the basket or bin with stacked fun stuff to make "trick or treater's laugh, like plastic rats, spiders or brains.
- Be traditional with plastic fruit or veggies, but add a Halloween spin making some "poisoned". Spray paint a batch black and drip hot glue blobs all over for creepy effect.
- An optional tip, hot glue all the stacked items together so your baskets or bins stay looking great all month long.