- Knit Scarf
- Felt leaves (various sizes, shapes and colors)
- Yarn that matches your leaves
- Fabric Scissors
- Yarn Needle
1. To create the tassels of your scarf, cut lengths of yarn roughly 5” long that match the colors of the leaves you’ve chosen to make into tassels.
2. Sandwich one end of a strand of yarn between two matching leaves. Secure it in place with Fabri-Tac.
a. *If the stem curves, cut it off so that the yarn will look like the stem. *
3. Roll some tape onto the free end of the yarn and feed it through the eye of your yarn needle.
4. Then feed your needle through a hole in the weave at the bottom edge of your scarf, pull the yarn through until the leaf tassel hangs at the desired length.
a. *The longer your tassels are the more likely they are to get tangled. *
5. Tie a knot to secure the leaf tassel.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 for all of your falling leaf tassels.
7. Trim all the excess yarn away from your knots.
8. Place some leaves to cover your knots and adhere with Fabri-Tac.
9. Arrange the rest of the leaves on your scarf so they look like they’re falling downward.
10. Once you’re happy with the placement, glue everything on in place.
11. Allow the glue to cure and enjoy!