Orly Shani's tips for giving your cardigan a dazzling upgrade.
Needle and thread, fabri-tac or iron
Thin cloth if ironing on
Straight pins if sewing
- Decide where you’d like to place embellishing trim, measure out the length of trim needed.
- Cut the trim to length.
- Attach the trim to the cardigan. How you do this depends on the type of trim you’ve got.
- To attach iron-on trim, iron it on with a thin piece of fabric covering the trim and cardigan, flip the cardigan over, place a piece of fabric over to cover and iron again.
- To sew the trim on, pin the trim in place first with straight pins. Tie a knot at the end of your thread and whipstitch along each edge of the trim into the fabric. Knot to secure at the end.
- To glue the trim on, apply glue to the backside of the trim on each edge, press to secure. Work in small sections.
- If you’ve glued, allow the glue to dry for 24 hours before wearing. Enjoy!