For Silver JewelryMaterials Needed:
• A glass baking dish
• 1 tbsp salt • 2 tbsp baking soda • 1 tbsp vinegar • 1 cups of boiling water • Aluminum Foil • Paper towel • Soft Cloth • Toothbrush Directions: Line the baking dish with the foil. Spread the salt and soda on the bottom of the dish on top of the foil. Lay your jewelry in a single layer in dish. Add the vinegar and then the water. Leave for 5 minutes, agitating every now and again. If tarnish is bad, leave for 10 minutes and use toothbrush to scrub bad area. Remove, rinse, and polish with soft cloth.
• 1 tsp dish detergent
• Soft Cloth • 1 Small Bowl Directions: Dissolve 1 tsp. of delicate-wash laundry detergent in a small bowl of warm water. Dip in a soft cloth and use to gently wipe over the pearls.
• Toothpaste Directions: The best way to clean a diamond ring is to use toothpaste and a toothbrush.
For Gold Jewelry
• Light Beer
• Small Bowl • Soft Cloth Directions: Beer will get the shine back into your solid gold. Just drop in you jewelry, let soak and polish with soft cloth.
• Box of white school board chalk
• Plastic Baggies Directions: You need to store it in a tightly sealed plastic bag along with a piece of chalk. Tarnish is a kind of corrosion, which is caused by airborne particles such as sulphur. The chalk helps to absorb these particles.
Sophie Uliano's Jewelry Cleaning Tips
Check Sophie out at www.SophieUliano.com. Follow Sophie Uliano on Twitter @SophieUliano, find her on Facebook Page GorgeouslyGreen, and check her out on Pinterest: GorgeouslyGreen.