Materials for a Fancy Hat
- Hot glue gun
- Floral pliers
- Floral wire
Materials for Fascinators
- Hair comb
- Super stiff netting for the backing
- A flower
- A piece of extra netting for the veil
- Black pipe cleaners (you cut them small pieces that you can wrap around the netting)
Steps for a Fancy Hat
1. Using a hot glue gun, add the ribbon around the hat with the seam in the front.
2. Next glue the feathers and flower. (You’ll have to cut the flower from the stem
using your floral pliers.)
3. Cut the branches and wrap the base in floral wire to secure them together.
4. Place an ample amount of hot glue on the branches and tuck them in between the
flower and the feathers.
5. Lastly, add the tulle by tucking it under the feathers and flower and gluing it down. Don’t worry about it being perfectly straight. You want it to feel loose and layered.
Steps for Fascinators
1. Double up the stiff netting and sew the hair comb to the netting so it’s secure.
This will be used as your backing.
2. Attach pipe cleaners to veil by cutting them into small 1⁄4 inch pieces and wrapping them through the holes of the veil.
3. Glue netting to the backing, followed by the feathers and the flower. 4. Let dry.
BROWN HAT WITH FEATHERS
-Simply slip the feathers under the buckle to dress it up.
NAVY BLUE HAT WITH FEATHER AND FLOWER
-Add flower pin to the sides
-Add trim from the fabric store and a beaded emblem.
-Add the trim first with hot glue, followed by the embellishment in the seam.
BROWN HAT WITH WHITE LACE AND FLOWERS
-Iron-on white lace
- Add 2 white pins to the seam. (These can be easily removed and placed with a different color)
-Trim has to be ironed on and takes a bit more time
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page