Ken Wingard turns a ball of yarn into a beautiful wreath.
DIY Yarn Wreath
- Yarn in desired colors, thicknesses and textures
- Styrofoam balls in various sizes 2”-5”
- Spray paint in same colors, but darker shade than yarn
- Knitting needles
- Flat wreath form
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Spray paint the Styrofoam balls. Insert a pencil into each ball before you paint it to use as a handle while you paint. Set aside to dry. PRO TIP: Spraying the foam a darker color makes it look like your yarn balls just have some shadows if you have any thin spots of yarn.
- Spray paint the wreath form. Set aside to dry.
- Wrap each Styrofoam ball with yarn. Secure the start and end each with a dab of hot glue.
- Arrange the yarn balls on the wreath form, the larger first then the small. Glue in place
- Add the knitting needle accent by weaving them into the yarn on one of the balls in a desired spot. If you’re a knitter, you can knit a small swatch in a contrasting color as the “bow” of the wreath, add in the needles with the knit in process.
- Hang as desired and enjoy!