- Pre-existing bench
- Macramé cord
- Work gloves
- Straight edge
- Screwdriver or power drill
1. First, if your bench has seat with a top, remove it from underneath. *Make sure your bench has a hallow frame on top to weave through.*
2. On one of the long sides of the bench take your macramé cord and tie a knot around the frame of the bench where you want to begin weaving.
3. Next take the bundle in one hand, and with a glove on the other, begin weaving the cord over and under the top edges of your bench. Pull taut as you weave. *You may need to cut a long strand and connect pieces of macramé cord with knots if you don’t have space to weave with the entire bundle in hand. *
4. If necessary, use the straight edge to push the woven cord closer together. *The denser the weave, the more supportive.*
5. Once finished weaving, cut the cord and tie a knot around the frame, tuck it underneath.
6. Use a lighter to burn the raw edges, sealing the macramé cord to prevent fraying.
7. Place and enjoy!