1. Take your small wood round slices and glue several together. This will be the “trunk” of your tree.
2. Attach “trunk” to a larger 8” wood round which is the base. This will elevate the tree off the ground.
3. Using hot glue on a low setting, glue the trunk to the bottom of the floral cone. If glue is too hot it will melt floral cone.
4. Take oval craft rounds and start adding them with hot glue to the bottom of your tree. Since your trunk pushes up your floral cone, you are able to hang the bottom row of oval slices off the bottom a little, hiding the floral cone.
5. If wood rounds have pre-drilled holes in them, attach with floral pins.
6. After one row is completed all the way around, start your second row placing the oval slice in between the slice a row below it. Do this so it sits about half way down on the row below.
7. Continue this method until you get just a couple inches from the top.
8. Decide what glitter color you would like your trees to be. You can mix and match on the same tree, or make each tree a separate color.
9. Set out tray and cover with parchment paper. This will catch excess glitter.
10. Paint Mod Podge on bottom of Wood Slices. Turn Tree on side and sprinkle glitter over part covered in Mod Podge. Tray with parchment paper will catch excess glitter to put back into container.
11. Another option is to prep all wood rounds ahead of time. Gently brush on mod podge to the bottom of each oval slice. Immediately dip it into the cup of glitter. Set aside to dry. Continue this with all of your slices. If you don’t know how many you will need, you could do each slice as you go…add mod podge, glitter and then apply directly to the tree.
12. Paint or mod podge and glitter your wood star and set aside to dry. (If you bought wood stars that are already painted, you can skip this step.)
13. Add the wood star to the top of the tree. If your stars came on a stick, push the stick down through the top until the star is on the top of the tree.
14. If your star doesn’t have a stick, then finish your rows of ovals and add the star with hot glue on the top. Or use a toothpick.
15. Set up your tree(s)