1. Sand down the staves if necessary.
2. Attach them from the back by lining the staves up and placing the mending brackets over the gap between each. Screw them in place. The brackets are pliable so bend them as you go to maintain the curve of the wine barrel.
3. Add the bands of the barrel, use tin snips to cut the aluminum bar down to size. Screw the bands on with the self-tapping screws.
PRO TIP: If you plan on painting the bands and tacks, do so now. Allow to dry.
4. Cut the pin off of the upholstery tacks and hot glue them onto the bands to cover the screws.
5. Mark where you want your spice jars to sit and drill a hole for each jar with the forstner bit.
PRO TIP: Don’t drill all the way through the staves, only drill to the depth of the magnet.
6. Use hot glue to secure the magnets into the holes.
7. Attach the d ring hangers onto opposite sides of the back, making sure they’re the same height.
8. Tie the picture wire onto each ring so that it goes across the back. Tie several knots to make sure it’s super secure!
9. Hang the piece in desired spot. Make sure it’s hung off something drilled in a stud, this will be heavy.
10. Add spices to your jars, organize and enjoy!