Maria Provenzano is turning an old mailbox into a wedding decoration.
DIY Wedding Mailbox
- Crates; amount will depend on how tall you would like the mailbox to be
- Wood glue
- Spray paint
- Faux flowers
- Detailing of choice; stencil, vinyl lettering, etc.
- Hot glue
- Spray Paint the crates in any color you like; they can also be painted with regular acrylic paint
- Once the crates are dry, glue them together with wood glue to create the base of the mail box
- Spray paint the mailbox in the desired color(s); allow to dry
- Glue on fake flowers; you can cover as much of the mailbox as you like
- Add on any detailing to the side; such as a vinyl “happily ever after” or a stencil with a similar saying
- Create a sign on the mailbox flag that says gift cards; this can be done freehand; with a stencil; or a printed out piece of paper with the writing “gift cards” on it or “love notes
- Another option is to have a frame next to the mailbox with the sign “gift cards” or “love notes”
- Attach the mailbox onto the top of the stand made with the crates; secure with glue for safety
- Decorate the inside of the crates with detailing like frames with pictures, flowers, family heirlooms, etc.
- Have items in the bottom crate that are heavy, to weight it down for safety
- Real flowers could be used on the day of the wedding; ask your florist for the best way to incorporate them into the decorations
- Use any colors you like to go with the theme of the wedding
- Place the mailbox where your guests get their name places for seating; this is the easiest way for them to find it