Maria Provenzano has a whimsical DIY that brings the magic of the North Pole right into our home.
DIY Wallpaper Santa’s Village
Home Decor, Kids
DIY WALLPAPER SANTA’S VILLAGE MATERIALS:
- Peel and stick removable vinyl in various colors and patterns like:
- Painter’s tape
- Snowflake paper punches
- X-Acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Wooden Nutrackers
- Cricut or vinyl cutting machine
DIY WALLPAPER SANTA’S VILLAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Map out your village on the wall in painter’s tape.
- Draw out the houses, snow mounds and accent pieces like wreaths and bows onto desired colors of vinyl. The larger parts of the village like the snow, trees and buildings will have to be done in multiple pieces and patched together since the vinyl only comes in certain widths.
- Cut out with x-acto knife or vinyl cutting machine. PRO TIP: using a vinyl cutting machine can make this step a lot faster!
- Apply the vinyl village to the wall starting with the background first then layer the appropriate elements from background to foreground. For instance, lay all of the snow first, then the buildings, then the trees, then the decorative elements like windows, doors and wreaths on top. PRO TIP: peel the backing off the vinyl in small sections when applying, smooth as you go with your hands or plastic card.
- Cut snowflakes out of vinyl with the snowflake punches.
- Adhere the snowflakes to the wall as desired.
- Set up a fun play area for your child around decorated and enjoy!