- Table hardware
- Table legs
- Protective eyewear
1. Remove all the hardware from the trunk
2. Cut the trunk into three pieces. Cut off the lid, then split the base of the trunk into two equal sizes.
3. Use a jigsaw to cut your trunk. Remember every trunk is different. Pay attention to the material of your trunk. If it is an all wood trunk then use a wood blade. If it’s mixed with wood and metal then use a metal blade.
4. Measure the plywood. Measure for interior support, exposed sides of the trunk, and also the lid of the trunk.
5. Drill the interior plywood pieces to create support for the trunk
6. Drill the exterior plywood pieces to the exposed sides of the trunk and lid
7. Paint or stain the plywood and legs
8. Attach leg hardware
9. Screw table legs into leg hardware