- Heavy weight poster board or cardstock in desired Christmas colors
- Foam core
- Bulletin board paper
- X-Acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cutting mat
- Command strips for mounting
- Optional: Print outs of ornament silhouettes
- Optional: Christmas décor
- Optional: Metal spoon
1. Draw vintage ornament silhouettes onto the cardstock in various shapes and sizes. You will need three of each to make one ornament.
2. Use your X-Acto knife to cut out all of the ornament shapes on your cutting mat.
3. Crease two of three matching ornament pieces down the center, smoothing the crease with the back of a spoon helps get a crisp crease!
4. Glue the crease of the ornament piece to the center of the matching flat ornament. Then glue another creased ornament into that crease. Now you have an ornament!
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until you have enough ornaments for your space.
6. Cover the area of wall you want to use as your backdrop with the bulletin board paper. Use command strips to mount.
7. On a piece of foam core trace out your lettering. Cut out with an X-Acto knife.
8. You can use hot glue to attach the lettering first, you can fill in with ornaments around it. It’s always a good idea to plan out how you want stuff arranged before gluing!
9. Use hot glue to attach the paper ornaments to the bulletin board.
10. Dress around the Vintage Ornament Wall with Christmas décor to frame it and enjoy!