1. Pick the size shipping box you’d like to use. You’re ideally looking for a thinner rectangular one.
2. On the top end, find where the middle of the width is and cut a triangle out of the top of your box, giving it an “envelope” look.
3. Using spray adhesive cover your box with the canvas. I wrapped it like a present so that I could create neat lines. Cut away any excess, and the top that hangs over the triangular cut leaving a little bit extra to fold inside the box.
4. Using an awl, poke holes through the canvas and cardboard around the perimeter of your box to give a pattern for the “stitching.”
5. Using a large needle and thread, weave your yarn in and out of the holes you created, making it look like a stitch pattern. Glue the ends of the yarn to the inside of the box.
6. Cut the end of a felt rectangle to give it the pointed envelope look. Leave it long enough to let it hang over the opening of the box, and glue the top/back of the box. Add a button and piece of yarn if you want the envelope to “shut” completely.
7. Add little details to the outside of your box to personalize it. I added a little felt square with a heart on it to make it look like a stamp! You can also use iron on letters and felt to label it with a name!
8. To hang, cut two long strips of felt and glue the ends to the back of the box, making it look like a backpack. You can use these straps to hang it off your chair!