- 1x10 board
- Crown molding
- 2in chair rail
- Wood glue
1. Start with wood approximately 8 in longer than your window.
2. Cut to smaller pieces six to eight in long.
3. Attach shorter pieces to longer pieces to create a three-sided box.
4. Then cut crown molding to fit around top of box.
5. Attach crown molding.
6. Cut chair rail to fit around bottom of box.
7. Attach chair rail with glue and nails approximately 1 inch from bottom edge of box.
9. Fill any holes with wood putty and sand again
11. To hang it, attach two wood blocks to the wall that will be for the inside of the valance. Nail through side of valance into box.