Materials for Coconut Cups with Cocktail Umbrella Straws
- Coconut cups; can buy on amazon
- Paper straws
- Scrapbook paper
- Hole punch
- Hot glue gun
Materials for Tropical Flower Punch Bowl
- Punch bowl
- Ladle for punch bowl
- Artificial tropical flowers and palms
Materials for Palm Decanter
- Green oven bake clay
- Glass decanter
- X-acto knife
- Super glue; optional
- Rolling pin; or something similar
Directions for Coconut Cups
1. Cut the scrapbook paper out into a circle.
2. Use the hole punch to punch a hole in the center of the circle.
3. Fold the circle in half, then in half a couple more times to create lines around the "umbrella.”
5. Cut a slit with a pair of scissors into the circle, cutting from the bottom to the hole in the middle.
6. Place the paper in the top 1/3 of the straw and fold the paper over itself to create an "umbrella" look around the straw; secure with glue.
7. This will create a cocktail umbrella straw.
Directions for Punch Bowl
1. Attach the artificial palms onto the outside of the top of the punch bowl with the glue.
2. Continue to layer with other artificial tropical flowers.
NOTE: The cups and ladle can be decorated as well
Directions for Decanter
1. Roll out the clay to about 1/8-1/4 inch thick using the rolling pin.
2. Use a freehand a palm leaf shape using the x-acto knife to cut, use a leaf template or cookie cutter to cut out the palm shape.
3. If a template is needed (if you do not want to freehand), then you can print a picture online and trace it.
4. Cut out as many leaves as desired to go onto the decanter.
5. Place the decanter in the oven and bake according to the temperature on the clay instructions; generally, is it 275 and 15 minutes for every 1/4 inch.
6. Remove the decanter, carefully, from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
7. If any leaves do not stick well to the glass, you can secure them with super glue.
NOTE: Hand wash only!