- Eight 2 x 2 wood plank
- 1” wooden beads
- Two 75’ rope
- 3/8-inch drill bit
- tree swing hanging apparatus of your choosing
1. You will need eight pieces of wood cut to 10 inches in length.
2. Then, using your sandpaper, sand all the hard edges down to the rounded corners
3. Drill 3/8th inch holes in the wood. The holes should be ¾ of an inch in from the outside
edge of the planks.
4. Depending on the wooden beads you can find, you may need to drill their holes to be 3/8
of an inch as well. The best way to accomplish this is to put them in a clamp and then drill the
hole. You will need fourteen beads in total
5. Cut your rope into two pieces and the lengths depends on where you are handing it and
how much you will need. When you cut the rope, wrap the ends in masking tape to hold the
outer layer together-you will burn the ends to seal them when the swing is complete
6. Do the same on the other side
7. Pull each side of the rope through so there is about a foot of rope sticking out on the
opposite corners of the swing.
8. Tie the short end of your rope to the long end of your rope, forming a triangle, using an
anchor bend knot.
9. The knot will be slightly adjustable before it is tightened, so position the swing how you
like it and leave the amount of rope you want between the knot and the planks before pulling
in tight on both sides.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page