Ken Wingard shows how to make a DIY Traveling Saint Nicholas.
DIY Traveling Saint Nicholas
Christmas Tree Ornament, Gift
Share More Merry: Santa Through the Decades - Home & Family
- Santa ornament
- Wooden box
- Faux evergreen sprigs
- Print out of provided Santa scroll here
- Spray paint in desired color
- Craft wood square fit to inside of box
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Remove the hardware from the box you’ve chosen with a screwdriver.
- Paint the box with gesso and allow to dry.
- Sand the gesso, wipe the box down to remove any particles then add another coat. Allow to dry.
- Spray paint the box red. Set aside to dry.
- Print the scroll out and cut to size with scissors. (Download Santa Scroll here.)
- Place the coffee in a shallow container then dip the scroll in. You can also paint the coffee on if desired, but if you do that, make sure to paint on the front side of the scroll because it will curl up on whichever side wet. Set aside to dry.
- If you want to add the divider to the box, use hot glue to secure the craft wood square into the box at desired placement.
- Clip sprigs of evergreen to fit into the box.
- Screw the hardware back onto the box, make sure the paint is completely dry before.
- Fill the box with evergreen sprigs.
- Wrap the scroll with a ribbon and tie a bow.
- Place Santa and the scroll inside the box along with Santa.
- Wrap the box up with a ribbon, tie a bow and gift to a neighbor!