It’s not the 4th of July without fireworks so Maria Provenzano is bringing them into our home décor with DIY Tissue Paper Fireworks.
- Tissue paper in desired colors
- Thumbtacks or gel adhesive tabs
- Cut the tissue paper into squares. Stack the paper then measure and mark from one corner the width you want the fireworks to be. Fold the corner on a diagonal then trim along the edge to remove any excess paper.
- Stack about 6 squares of tissue paper then accordion fold the stack in about 1”-2” sections. PRO TIP: The bigger the square, the larger the folds should be.
- Staple the folded paper in the center to secure.
- Cut slits into the edges of the folded paper with scissors to create the fringe effect.
- If you want to hang these from a garland or the ceiling, tie twine off in the center where the staples are now.
- Fluff the fireworks out by pulling apart the layers of tissue paper.
- Hang as desired and enjoy!