TO CREATE THE TEAPOT SEWING KIT
1. To create the cushion for your hand needles in the pot, measure the size of the interior lip of the lid on your teapot. Cut a piece of upholstery foam and cardboard to this size.
2. Glue the foam to the cardboard base.
3. Round the top of the foam by cutting it down with scissors.
4. Wrap the foam in fabric and use hot glue to secure it to the cardboard.
5. Glue the cushion into the lid. Add decorative ribbon around the edge with hot glue if desired.
6. Now it’s time to create your needle sharpener! Take a piece of the scouring pad or steel wool and wrap it in a piece of fabric. Secure with glue on one side.
7. Secure the needle sharpener into the spout with hot glue. Make sure the clean, unglued side faces outward.
8. Place all your sewing essentials like some thread, a thimble and soft tape measure in, stick your hand needles in the cushion and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE TEACUP PINCUSHION
1. To create the cushion, start by measuring the opening of the teacup. Cut a piece of upholstery foam and cardboard to this size.
2. Use an X-Acto to cut a hole in the center of the cardboard.
3. Glue the foam to the cardboard base.
4. Round the top of the foam by cutting it down with scissors.
5. Wrap the foam in fabric and use hot glue to secure it to the cardboard.
6. To tuft the cushion, take your needle and embroidery floss with a knot at the end and feed it through the top of the cushion down through the center circle of the cardboard. Repeat this with equal distance in between each thread until you’ve created the amount of tufting you like.
7. Tie the thread off and knot securely.
PRO TIP: Add any decorative elements like ribbon or a button in the center with hot glue. It may be better to do, depending on what it is, before you secure it into the cup.
8. Hot glue the cushion into top of the teacup to secure it.
9. You can glue the cup to the saucer for security when you use it as a catch tray while sewing!
10. Place your pins in and enjoy!