- Wood Rings; two sizes, one that fits in the other
- Jersey "Yarn" also known as Fettuccine Yarn
- Wood Bead
Ingredients/Materials for Sugar Cubes
- 1 Cup Of White Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Water (Pending)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Extract If Desired
- Flat Square Baking Dish
- Parchment Paper
- Note: *if you wanted to use rose water, it is a direct replacement for water
Directions for Saucers
1. Tie the jersey yarn onto the large wood ring and place the smaller wood ring in the center of the largest one.
2. Start wrapping the yarn around the larger ring for 3-4 wraps and then wrap it around the smaller ring.
3. Repeat this same pattern until you wrap all the way around the ring and tie it off securely by adding a wood bead to the end.
Directions for Sugar Cubes
1. Use a fork to mix it all together.
2. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper so that it covers the sides of the pan as well.
3. Pour the sugar into the pan.
4. Press it down with the fork, or your hands *Tip* it helps to press it down with the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten it down evenly.
5. Use a knife to cut cube shapes.
6. Place in a 250-degree oven for about an hour, what you are looking to do is dry them out, not really to bake them.
7. Allow them to cool.
8. Remove from pan by using the parchment paper to pull it out and break apart using your hands.
· If you do not want to make the cube shape, you could use a silicone mold to shape the sugar.
· This can also be done with brown sugar, cane sugar, coconut sugar, etc.
· You can add coloring and flavorings to add some character to them as well.
Get more information about this episode >>