- 14 yard of Fleece
- Fabric glue
- Paint pen
1) Put the hoodie on your child and measure how long of an extension you will need to come down to the middle of their nose.
2) Measure the width of the hood opening, from ear to ear.
-Plot those points on your fabric and cut out a rectangle.
3) Pin the 'mask" into place, assuring that it lays smooth and works with the slop of the existing hood.
4) Sew or glue the edge of the mask extension onto the edge of the hood.
5) Now mark where the eyes should be and cut out 2 circles or semi circles.
6) Next create the scalloped edge that a mask usually has just under the eyes.
7) If your fabric is rolling up (and it doesn’t look good) then you will want to hem the bottom of your mask.
8) Next add stars or stripes or any decorations your child's superhero wants.
*Optional: Cut a 1/2 yard of light weight fabric into a tapered rectangle and attach it to the shoulders with sticky Velcro.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page