Ken Wingard has a new spin on gourds, a staple of Fall arrangements.
DIY SUCCULENT GOURDS
Gardening, Home Decor
Ken Wingard Makes Succulent Gourds - Home & Family
DIY SUCCULENT GOURD MATERIALS:
- Gourd or pumpkin
- Sphagnum moss
- Floral pins
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Spray glue
- Spray bottle with water
DIY SUCCULENT GOURD INSTRUCTIONS:
- Attach moss to the top of gourd with spray glue.
- Knock dirt off of succulents to expose the root systems.
- Plant stems in moss. Use hot glue and pins to secure as necessary but try to use as few pins as possible to limit places where gourd could rot. PRO TIP: The succulents will sprout new roots quickly so don’t worry; the plant will not die.
- Water by wetting the moss with a spray bottle once a week and enjoy. PRO TIP: The gourd will go bad after about a month or two, but you can transplant the succulents elsewhere after!