Orly Shani shows how a few pieces of fabric can create a fabulous statement shawl for the holidays.
DIY Statement Shawls
DIY STATEMENT SHAWL MATERIALS:
- Sequin iron on transfer or fabric
- Iron or Fabri-tac
- Fabric marker or chalk
- Removable vinyl letters
- Put your shawl on to decide what placement and size will look best and be most visible.
- Draw out the letters for the phrase onto the sequin transfer or fabric. Use removable letters to trace if you aren’t comfortable free handing. PRO TIP: if you want you can skip this step, purchase pre-cut iron on letters.
- Cut the letters out using fabric scissors.
- Adhere the letters to the shawl, either iron on according to the instructions of your transfer or use fabric-tac to adhere fabric.
- Allow the adhesive to set, wear, and enjoy!