Ken Wingard is creating stylish and festive trinket bowls make great customizable gifts you can easily make with Crayola Air-Dry Clay.
DIY Stamped Trinket Bowls
Fashion, Home Decor
- Crayola airdry clay
- Rolling pin
- Rubber stamps
- Dish or bowl to size and shape you want bowl to be
- X-acto knife
- Bowl with water
- Crayola acrylic paint
- Crayola liquid metal craft markers
- Non-stick work surface like wax paper or silicone mat
- Crayola diy trinket dish craft kit
- Clear sealant
- Roll the clay out into a slab on a non-stick surface like wax paper or silicone sheet.
- Stamp the clay with stamps in desired design or pattern.
- Place the bowl or dish on top and use an x-acto knife to cut to size and shape of the dish. Pull away the excess clay from the shape you cut.
- Smooth the edges of the shape. Dip your finger in the water and run it along the edge until it reaches desired smoothness.
- With the dish upside down, drape the slab face-down on the dish to dry to form. Allow to dry according to instructions.
- Paint the trays as desired, mix the Crayola paints together to create a custom color or add water to create a wash which will give a translucent layer of color. Allow the paint to dry.
- Add a metallic rim to the dish using the Crayola liquid metal markers. Allow to dry.
- For a shiny, protective coat add a clear sealant. Allow to dry according to instructions and enjoy!