Orly Shani is keeping the holiday spirit alive with this DIY.
- Star beads
- Embroidery floss
- Thick sharp needle
- Mod podge
- Paint brush
- Cut out any color felt you want in five 1½ ” squares, five 1¼” squares, five 1” squares, five ¾” squares, five ½” squares, and five ¼” squares. From brown felt, cut out five circles about ½” in diameter.
- Use a sharp needle and poke through the center of each circle and thread them onto the floss.
- Thread squares onto the floss from largest to smallest in size.
- Make sure to loop needle and thread through each felt square and loop it through and
- leave enough thread on top of tree.
- Tie a knot at the bottom of the tree and cut off any extra thread from the bottom.
- Once you have a tower shape, move felt and shape it into a tree.
- In a bowl mix together mod podge and glitter.
- Use paint brush and paint on glitter onto your tree on different corners of the felt. the
- mod podge will dry clear so don’t worry when it appears white.
- Let dry. Optional: once dry add a gold star on top of your tree.
- Insert each tree onto garland, space out each tree.
- Hang garland anywhere in your house. TIP: pre-poke a hole in the center of each felt piece to make it easier for kids when threading.