- 8 Craft wood pieces ¼” thick x 12” x 12”
- Balsa wood kit box (assorted sizes)
- Wood glue
- Circular saw
- Measuring tape
- Your spices that you want to store
- OPTIONAL: Brad nails and nail gun
1. Measure the space that you have inside your drawer, both length and width.
2. The first thing you need to make is the base of the spice rack. This will line the bottom of your rack which will sit on the base of the drawer. To do this, mark the length and width of your drawer on the piece of craft wood. Use a circular saw to cut any excess off that will not fit in your drawer
3. Now measure your spice jars. If they are not all the same, pick the biggest spice you have and use that for your template. This will create the length you will need for your raised/sloped portion for your spices to lay
4. Mark that length on a piece of craft wood at the same width of your base
5. Using your circular saw, cut the pieces for the slopes. You will need three of this size unless your drawer is huge and can hold more.
6. To create the slope of your spice shelf, you will need to cut small risers to hold up the wood. Measure the depth of your drawer so that combined with the spice bottle, it will still fit in the drawer.
7. Using wood glue, set the pieces on the base board, and attach a riser piece below. You can let this set up using the wood glue for 24-48 hours. If you would like the instant gratification of being done, use a small brad nailer and nail the pieces in place.