Materials for Snowball Blanket
- Sewing Machine
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Cardboard Rounds
Materials for Animal Face Stool
- Spray paint or craft paint (Wood friendly craft paint)
- Animal clip art print out
Directions for Snowball
1. Creating Snowball
2. Place yarn between two toilet paper rolls and wrap around continuously to desired fullness.
3. Cut an additional string of yarn which with serve as a holding place. Tie around and between the tp rolls.
4. Remove tp rolls
5. Cut edges of yarn ball round to create snowball (pom, pom)
6. Use cardboard rounds (based on desired size of snowball you want)to trim the excess yarn. This helps create the perfect “snowball” or pom pom.
7. Continue until you’ve reached desired look.
Directions for Blanket
1. Fold over edge of blanket and pin in place
2. Pin excess string from snowball to the hem of blanket (repeat)
3. Using sewing machine, create a hem
Directions for Animal Face Stool
1. Coat stool all over in a can of white paint prior to decorating.
2. Let dry.
3. Using animal clip art (Google animal clip art), trace the face of the animal.
4. Fill in drawing with paint and let dry.
5. Take two pieces of scrap wood to use for the ears and using wood glue.
Note: If children plan on leaning back on the ears as a backrest. Use wood glue and screw in also to make secure