Materials for DIY Bath Snow
- Essential Oils
Materials for DIY Steam Facial
- Fresh Herbs
- Baking Soda
Materials for DIY Cucumber Spa Spray
- Vitamin E
Directions for DIY Bath Snow
1. Cut soap into 3rds. Put one piece in a heat safe bowl and microwave on high for 1:30.
2. As the soap heats up in the microwave, it will expand into what looks like a white fluffy cloud. This should be a blast for the kids to watch!
3. Let cool and break apart
Directions for Facial
1. First it’s time to cleanse your face! Mix 2 parts baking soda and 1 part water and apply to your face in circular motions. Do this for about 1 minute.
2. Now for the steam! Add fresh herbs to a heat safe bowl. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil, remove from heat and pour onto fresh herbs. We used parsley and mint because they pull out toxins and impurities from your pores. However, you can use whatever herbs you like. Lean over bowl (about a foot away from water) and drape a towel over head to trap in heat. Sit like this for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Last but not least, it’s time to tone! Apple Cider Vinegar acts as a great natural toner that actually balances the pH of your skin. Mix equal parts of water and Apple Cider Vinegar and apply to your face with a cotton ball.
Directions for Spray
1. Put 1 part chopped cucumber and 2 parts water in a pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Once color has left the cucumbers, remove from heat and let cool.
3. Strain out cucumber pieces, keeping only the water.
4. Add vitamin E to mixture
5. Pour into container it’s time to tone! Apple Cider Vinegar acts as a great natural toner that actually balances the pH of your skin. Mix equal parts of water and Apple Cider Vinegar and apply to your face with a cotton ball.