Ali Fedotowsky Manno is showing you how to make your own ski slope marble run, Tic Tac Snow game and snowstorm in a jar.
Materials for Ski Slope Marble Run
- Cardboard or foam core
- Popsicle or craft sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Paper or plastic cups
Materials for Snowstorm in a Jar
- Mason jar or clear bottle
- Small bowl
- Baby oil (or vegetable oil)
- White paint
- Blue food coloring (oil based)
- Antacid tablets
Materials for Tic Tac Snow
- Round stones similar in size
- Paint pen
- Paint brush
- OPTIONAL: Sharpie
DIY Snow Day Activities - Home & Family
Directions for Ski Slope Marble Run
- Cut from cardboard or foam core your desired size marble run and paint
- Let dry
- Cut from cardboard or foam core two pieces that are the length of the marble run. Paint and let dry.
- Secure each piece with hot glue to both sides of the board creating bumpers that will keep the marbles from rolling off.
- Hot glue cups to the bottom of the board to catch the marbles
- Paint craft and popsicle sticks. Let dry
- Cut some craft or popsicle sticks in half to have a variety of short and long pieces
- Lay out the design on the board and once you have finalized the design begin to hot glue the sticks to the board
- Lean ski slope against wall or chair
- Drop marbles and enjoy!
Directions for Snowstorm in a Jar
- In a bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of white paint with one cup of water
- Mix until the paint is dissolved. Set aside
- Fill the jar or bottle 75% with baby oil
- Pour the watered white paint mixture into jar with baby oil. Leave room at the top.
- Add glitter and any other desired embellishments like small beads
- Add blue food coloring
- Let the glitter settle
- Create the snowstorm by dropping in an alka seltzer tablet
Directions for Tic Tac Snow
- Paint half the stones dark blue and the other half white. You may need more than one coat for the white stones.
- Let dry
- To create the snowflake, use white paint pen and add snowflake design
- To create the snowman, use a paintbrush (or sharpie) to add the eyes, nose, and mouth
- Let dry
- Create the board with scrapbook paper or any other desired materials
- Use paint or sharpie to add the tic tac snow grid to paper or board
- Play and enjoy!