- Shrinky Dink film
- Sharpie markers
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
1. Preheat oven to 300-350 degrees F. For large designs it is best to bake them at a lower temperature to slow the shrinking process and prevent excessive curling.
2. Trace or freehand a design onto the film.
(Tip: Put shrinky dink paper onto a piece of white paper so that it is easier to see what you are drawing. Keep in mind that the film shrinks by about 50%, so draw your image bigger than the desired finished size.)
3. Cut out your design with scissors or a craft knife.
4. Use a hole punch to add hole for keyring PRIOR to baking.
5. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Lay your design on the parchment paper. Cover your design with another piece of parchment paper to prevent the film sticking to itself when it curls.
6. Bake for 2-3 minutes. Do not remove from the oven until film has flattened back out. If there is a slight curl, use a spatula to flatten it out. Allow to cool before removing it from the pan.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page