- Outdoor Materials (acorns, bark, empty nut shells, dried flowers, acorns, dried leaves)
- Double Boiler
- Cotton Balls or Rounds
1. Forage for outdoor materials.
2. Melt wax with a double boiler.
3. Dip all materials in wax.
4. Leave a small dry spot on the cotton and/or twine to ignite the fire starter.
5. Tie materials together with twine.
TIP: Use a large piece of the bark as a base for the other materials.
NOTE: For quick and easy fire starters, dip cotton balls in petroleum jelly or hand sanitizer.