1. Using a funnel, fill the bottom of the bottle with a layer of pea gravel and horticultural charcoal.
2. Cut a circle of landscape fabric or weed cloth, about the diameter of the bottle. Lay it flat
across the layer of gravel and charcoal. (You can roll it up through the neck of the bottle to fit,
then unravel inside)
3. Using the funnel, add a layer of potting soil. This should be deep enough to cover the roots
of your plants.
4. Gently add your plants through the neck of the bottle and cover the roots. I made a
makeshift gardening tool by taping a plastic fork to a bamboo stick.
5. Add accessories as needed.
6. Use a turkey baster to water lightly around each individual plant.
7. Seal your bottle up and enjoy your terrarium for decades!
*You should see condensation on the bottle in the morning and night. If condensation is 24/7,
open the bottle for a few minutes for excess water to escape. Close again and don’t add more water unless you don’t see condensation anymore!