- Red felt
- Black felt
- Faux fur ribbon or trim
- Gold glitter foam sheet
- Fabric scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Chalk or fabric marker
- Optional: Fabri-Tac or sewing machine
1. Print out the patterns on tile setting and tape together. Download the Santa Pants details here. Download the Santa Pants pattern here.
2. Trace the pattern pieces onto appropriate materials and cut out.
3. Glue the inseam of the pant leg together. Only glue the straight edge, do not glue the curve at all. This should create a cylinder with a “U” cut out of the side.
4. Glue the red felt circle to the bottom opening of each pant leg. Allow the glue to set.
5. Turn the pant legs right side out.
6. Cut two 15” lengths of fur trim and glue them around the bottom of each pant leg.
7. Along the edge of the “U” shape on the pant leg apply some glue and adhere the two pant legs together. Now you have your pants!
8. Fold the top edge of the pants down ½” and secure with glue to hem.
9. Now create the suspenders by taking the piece cut for it, folding it into thirds and securing with hot glue. While the glue is still hot form it into an arch shape so that it holds. Repeat for the second suspender.
10. Creating the belt is the same process as the suspenders but with black felt.
11. Attach the suspenders to the inside of the pants with a crisscross in the back.
12. Glue the beltloops onto the front of the pants just outside where the suspenders sit.
13. Feed the belt into the belt loops and secure the seam in the back with glue.
14. Glue the belt buckle onto the center of the belt.
15. Fill with treats and enjoy