Maria shows us how to make a really fun Christmas game everyone in the family will love to play. Hold on to your hats for this DIY Santa Hat Ring Toss.
DIY Santa Hat Ring Toss
- Paper mache cones
- Cotton balls
- Foam core
- Spray paint in red, gold and black
- Vinyl or sticker numbers
- Wired faux berry sprigs or small wreaths
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Spray paint the cones red, set aside to dry.
- Draw and cut out the elements of the sleigh board. The board itself is a rectangle cut to 24” x 36”. The runners of the sleigh are 21” x 2”. The triangular pieces that elevate the sides should be 36” long and 6” tall.
- Cut some small right triangles as supports for the underneath of the sleigh where the sides and top meet.
- Glue the sides onto the board, attach the triangle supports in the corner.
- Spray paint the sleigh gold. Set aside to dry.
- Spray paint the sleigh runners black. Set aside to dry.
- Add the white details to the Santa hats. Unroll some cotton balls and glue them to the bottom of each cone as the trim. Glue a cotton ball on top of each cone as the pom-pom.
- Glue the runners onto the sides of the sleigh.
- Arrange the hats on the board and glue them in place.
- Adhere the sticker numbers to indicate how many points each hat is worth.
- If you don’t have small wreaths to use as the rings you can wind wired berry sprigs into circles to create them.
- Play and enjoy!