Ken Wingard shows how to make an elegant nature inspired advent calendar.
- Long stick, cleaned
- Paper mache gift boxes
- Scrap paper (w/ stylized numbers)
- Hot glue
- Find a long (non-poisonous) branch of a tree, ideally something that reminds you of Christmas. Clean the branch with soap and water and allow to dry. Clear it of any leaves and sticks across the middle.
- Tie 25 ribbons from the top of the branch and let them hang down.
- Cut out your letters 1-25 or the outside of the boxes and hang those in order. Then cut and glue the numbers 1-25 in a random order inside the boxes and close the lids.
- Glue the boxes in number order across the ribbons.
Each day, open a box to reveal a number on the inside of your boxes. That number should correlate to a present to open for the day!