- 1”x 4” pieces of wood
- Nylon strap
- Staple gun
- 1”x2” piece of scrap wood
- 2 strips of Velcro
1. Figure out how long you would like your walkway…that will let you know how many 1x4’s to buy.
2. Either cut your 1x4’s or have the hardware store cut them for you at 30”.
3. Lay your cut boards out on a flat surface.
4. Use the 1x2 as a template, or guide, to know how to space your boards.
5. Lay the nylon strap about 5” in from each side over the boards.
6. Starting at one end, use your glue to adhere the nylon to the board, and use a staple gun to hold it into place. The glue will do most of the work here when it has dried, but it takes a while to dry and the staples will make sure it stays in place as you are making this.
7. Continue this all the way down your walkway to your desired length.
8. Leave about 6” of nylon strap overhanging on the ends.
9. Roll up your walkway to see where it naturally stops. This is where you will need to apply your Velcro. Use one Velcro strip on each side to hold the nylon in place…and this will hold your sidewalk together.
10. Enjoy your portable walkway wherever you go!